Thursday, October 16, 2008

Motivation - My List

Truth be told, nobody makes any changes in their life unless they are doing it for themselves. You can't change for wife, or kids, or parents or peers or anybody. YOU have to find the desire to change within you and for you.

Change is hard, and we search for motivation wherever and whenever we can find it. Somewhere along the way, somebody told me to make an ongoing list of things that motivate me to lose weight, and to keep that list where I can always see it. So, I did this, and I keep it in my weekly log of weight and stats.

Here is my ongoing list, here is what I want:
*I want to be under 250 lbs when I turn 40! (12/11/2008)
(this originally said "under 300 by my birthday",
but I had to change the goal when I got under 300 back in July)
*I want to be able to play in an indoor soccer league
indoor soccer
*I want to see my kids grow up and have kids.
Family Close Up
*I want to be able to run with my kids and play sports with them.
*I want to be able to snow ski without pain and discomfort
snow skiing
*I want to fit in size 36 or smaller jeans again
*I want to have optimal health, no diabetes, no heart disease
*I want to be able to play basketball again.
*I want to be able to rock climb with my kids.
*I want to be able to backpack a 50 miler
hiking in zions
*I want to be able to dress up at Halloween NOT in a fat costume
*I want my wife to think I'm attractive
*I want to be able to jump on a trampoline and not fear it bottoming out or breaking.
*I want to be comfortable in an airplane seat, and not have to ask for a seatbelt extender.
*I want to be able to water ski again.
water skiing
*I want to be able to run a 5K in under 25 minutes

And my list goes on......

1 comment:

Melanie Bingham said...

Amen Go bro go! you need to post on the right side your current before and afters...go to layout and add as a gadget