Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Check one off

So, I went to Oregon this weekend to help my sister and bro-in-law with their house. It was the first airplane trip I've made since losing weight.

Have you ever asked for a seat belt extender?
seat belt extender
It sucks. It's embarrassing. Probably worse than that is the horrified look on the person's face in the seat next to yours:
"Oh no, that huge guy is about to sit next to me. $#!&!!!!!"

The asking for the seat belt extender only goes on to re-affirm to said co-occupant that you are indeed a fat mass of person, and this will be an uncomfortable flight, and that they will likely have their personal space invaded by you on countless occasions. Very self-conscious situation for those who are 'plus-sized'.

So, I have one of my "List" to check off now: *I want to be comfortable in an airplane seat, and not have to ask for a seatbelt extender.

Ding! Done! No seat belt extender in sight. Loved the flight. (OK, other than spilling my drink on the person next to me- ugh!). I was even able to 'cinch' up the standard issue belt a few inches. I had forgotten that I could be comfortable in an airplane seat. One of the many benefits of a skinnier me. Love little reminders of victory!