Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pants on the ground


I think last year, there was a mini sensation on American Idol with some crazy old black dude getting up and singing some song about 'pants on the ground'. Today is feeling a little like that. The pants are definitely looser today - thank heavens for belts.
I'm not looking at the scale each day. By happenstance, the scale at the gym has disappeared, and the one I weigh in on each week at home is in the basement, so not convenient. So, I just don' t weigh in each day, and save it for Fridays. Last week was a bit rude on Friday - only losing 1 lb. This week I hope will be better. But, I guess what I'm trying to get across is that with me not weighing in each day, I tend to focus on other indicators, such as the fit of clothing, the way my body feels, the amount of energy I have.
Don't get me wrong, the scale is still THE SCALE. It still says that I am WAY overweight. But, during the week, I can focus on doing my best with eating and working out at the gym, and not worry about some number.

No comments: