Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Twice is not as nice




Here I stand at the head of the trail again, a very long path in front of me. I've been here before, I've been down this long and winding road a couple of times. I know it's twists and turns, I know it's highs and lows. I know it can be a killer, and yet it's a road I have to travel. The lazy man inside me does not want to go. The husband, father, and guy who would like to live a nice long life knows he must go.
The question is, why am I back here?




Why did I do this to myself?
Why did I choose to put the burden back on my frame? I thought I had left this 139 lb burden behind 2 years ago, and now it's back. Not all of it, but 129 lbs may as well be the whole thing.

It tells me a few things. One of which is: the things I did before were not lasting - or I didn't make a lasting commitment to them. Changes to diet and exercise almost have to be ingrained somehow. I don't know how right now, but I need to figure it out.

So, yep, here we go again. I can't say this time will be as fun as the last, but maybe I'm a little wiser this time, maybe I'll be able to make some lasting commitments this time. Maybe, just maybe I can lose those burdens forever.


Add Image

1 comment:

Melanie Bingham said...

I have a magnent on my board that says:
never
never
never
give
up